Welcome to Macro Moments Challenge: Week 7 and thank you to everyone who entered last week. Again, the entries were so wonderful that it was very difficult to choose a winner! For this week’s challenge there is no specific theme except “Macro”.
Congratulations to Amy, at “Share and Connect” https://shareandconnect.wordpress.com/ for winning this week’s challenge with her very first entry! I love the detail of the Blue African Lily buds, the composition of the photo and the somewhat dark theme. Please pay Amy a visit and view her work.
An important reminder–If you want to be considered in the judging, please submit only one photo per entry. You may enter as many times as you’d like.
This is a place to share the beauty of macro photography and learn from each other. Please join in! A new challenge begins each Wednesday, and I announce the winner from the previous week when I post the new challenge. The winner’s photo will be featured on this blog used as the banner in the announcement for the next week’s challenge, unless I am requested not to use it.
Instructions for participating in the challenge are found at the end of this post.
If you remember, last week I was lamenting that I have a new butterfly plant in my yard, but I hadn’t been quick enough to shoot any butterflies. Well, patience paid off, and this week this beautiful Swallowtail stuck around for a couple of minutes and I was able to get several shots.
Yesterday I planted some Lantana, which also attracts butterflies, and started some milkweed seeds so I hope to see many more in my yard, as well as hummingbirds.
Olympus Olympus OM-D E-M5, Olympus M.60mm f.2.8 macro lens.
ISO 6400, 60 mm, 1/4000 sec, F 9, camera handheld. Cropped and edited in LR. I’m not sure why I chose such a fast shutter speed. I will definitely slow it down next time!
Here’s how the challenge works:
- Choose a favorite macro photo from the past week or from your archives.
- Create a new post on your blog entitled “Macro Moments: Week (insert week)“.
- Add the photo to your post and a brief description. I would love to know, as I am sure others would, too, what camera and lens you used and your settings.
- You may submit more than one photo, but submit each in a separate post if you want to be included in the judging.
- Deadline for submitting your entries is 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, Pacific Time.
- Create a * pingback to this post and/or leave a link to your post in the comments section.
- Tag your post Macro Moments so others can find it.
If you’re not sure how to create a pingback, Here are instructions
The following bloggers also submitted entries in last week’s challenge. Pay them a visit to view their work and if I missed anybody, please let me know!
Subscribe to my blog to receive challenge posts via email.