Macro Moments Challenge: Week 9

This week, you, my blog visitors, get to vote for the winner of last week’s challenge!

The gallery below contains all of the wonderful entries!  Now you know how hard it is for me to choose each week!  Look carefully at each entry and choose the one that you think is the best all around, considering it’s detail, composition and the story that it tells. Then cast your vote (only one vote allowed per person) in the poll below the gallery.  You do not have to be a participant in the challenge to vote!  The winner will be announced next week.

Hover over each photo if you don’t see it’s number–

Our weekly challenge also continues this week, with the theme “Inanimate Object”.

For the purpose of the challenge, inanimate is defined as neither plant or animal.

I shot this chess piece and ladybug pin when I was learning to use my macro lens

A new challenge begins each Wednesday, and I announce the winner from the previous week when I post the new challenge. The winner’s photo will be featured on this blog, used as the banner in the announcement for the next week’s challenge, unless I am requested not to use it.

Here’s how the challenge works:

• Choose a favorite macro photo of an inanimate object  from the past week or from your archives.
  • Create a new post on your blog entitled “Macro Moments: Week (insert week)“.
  • Add the photo to your post and a brief description. I would love to know, as I am sure others would, too,  what camera and lens you used and your settings.
  • You may submit more than one photo, but submit each in a separate post if you want to be included in the judging.
  • Deadline for submitting your entries is 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, Pacific Time.
  • * Create a  pingback to this post and/or leave a link to your post in the comments section.
  • Tag your post Macro Moments so others can find it.

* If you’re not sure how to create a pingback,  Here are instructions

Follow my blog to receive challenge posts via email.

About Susan Gutterman

I am an amateur photographer and occasional blogger, living in northern California. I also enjoy reading, walking, traveling, volunteering and spending time with my family and my yellow lab, Gabby.
This entry was posted in Macro Moments Challenge, Photo Challenges and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

19 Responses to Macro Moments Challenge: Week 9

1. LearaWrites says:

These are wonderful! So hard to choose 🙂

Liked by 1 person

2. Pingback: Macro Moments Challenge: Week 9 | Zombie Flamingos

3. Here is my entry to this week’s Macro Moments:

Thanks for visiting.

Liked by 1 person

4. Pingback: Macro Moments Challenge: Week 9 – LearaWrites

5. Gemma says:

This is a great post, I love that you have a vote to get people involved! Although all the pictures are amazing! Looking forward to seeing more of your blog! Hope you can check out/follow mine: https://myhappycornerblog.wordpress.com 🙂

Liked by 1 person

6. Pingback: Macro Moments: Week 9 | theonlyD800inthehameau

7. joanneeddy says:

Beautiful pictures…hard to vote for only one! Jo

Liked by 1 person

8. Pingback: Macro Moments:Week 9 – The Girl That Dreams Awake

9. Colette B says:

Some awesome entries and it was SO difficult choosing one for the poll – I like that there’s a way of participating just in the reader poll if unable to do anything else for this event too. Best wishes all, Colette.

Liked by 1 person

10. Colette B says:

Reblogged this on coleebeatsabout and commented:
    Checking back here later… very interesting event and awesome photo entries – if they can be useful as potential writing prompts… hopefully I’ll get back to posting something soon…

11. Pingback: Macro Moments Challenge: Week 9 | Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss

12. Pingback: Macro Moments: Week #9 – Close to You

13. Pingback: Macro Moments: Week 9 | This is Another Story

14. Pingback: Macro Moments Challenge: Week 9 | nowathome

15. Bernadette says:

All the photos are great which made it a very hard choice. I was torn between 2 and 4. Thanks for sharing this fun challenge with the others at the Senior Salon.

Liked by 1 person

16. Pingback: Macro Moments: Week 9 | The Storyteller's Abode

17. Pingback: MACRO MOMENTS “THE PEOPLE’S CHOICE”…And the Winner Is! | Musin' With Susan