Welcome to Macro Moments Challenge: Week 11 and thank you to everyone who entered last week.
Congratulations to Pat of “Chronicles of an Anglo Swiss” https://angloswiss-chronicles.com/ for submitting the winning entry to last week’s challenge, a charming photo of a grasshopper trying to decide which part of a bromelia he wanted to sit on https://angloswiss-chronicles.com/2016/08/24/macro-moments-challenge-week-10/
Please pay Pat a visit, view her work and enjoy her charming daily stories about life with “Mr. Swiss”.
This is a place to share the beauty of macro photography and learn from each other. Please join in! A new challenge begins each Wednesday, and I announce the winner from the previous week when I post the new challenge. The winner’s photo will be featured on this blog used as the banner in the announcement for the next week’s challenge, unless I am requested not to use it.
Instructions for participating in the challenge are found at the end of this post.
California Academy of Sciences
Last week I spent a day at the California Academy of Sciences in San Francisco with my 13-year old granddaughter. They currently have an amazing exhibit called “Twilight Zone: Deep Reefs Revealed” where we they have incredible florescent coral and new and rare species, many of which have never been displayed in a public aquarium.
A highlight of the Academy of Sciences is a lush four-story rainforest which is home to more than 1600 live animals. I was able to capture several butterflies as we walked through.
I will be traveling for the next few weeks and will be posting photos and a travelogue of my trip to Europe and Israel. I hope you will follow along! keep shooting beautiful macro photos while I am away, and save them to submit to the challenge when it resumes on September 28.
Here’s how the challenge works:
- Choose a favorite macro photo from the past week or from your archives.
- Create a new post on your blog entitled “Macro Moments: Week (insert week)“.
- Add the photo to your post and a brief description. I would love to know, as I am sure others would, too, what camera and lens you used and your settings.
- You may submit more than one photo, but submit each in a separate post if you want to be included in the judging.
- Deadline for submitting your entries is 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, Pacific Time.
- Create a * pingback to this post and/or leave a link to your post in the comments section.
- Tag your post Macro Moments so others can find it.
If you’re not sure how to create a pingback, Here are instructions
The following bloggers also submitted entries in last week’s challenge. Pay a visit to view their work and if I missed anybody, please let me know!
Subscribe to my blog to receive challenge posts via email.