Welcome to Macro Moments Challenge: Week 15 and thank you to everyone who entered last week’s challenge! Amazing entries; very difficult to choose a winner! The theme for this week is “Fall”. You might choose something “creepy, crawly” in the spirit of Halloween, a close up of fall foliage or even part of a costume, carved pumpkin or decoration. Let’s get creative!
Congratulations to last week’s winner, Wm. Roloff of Ordinary Hiker for his photo of “A Handsome Devil”. I loved the composition, with the wasp off center, facing front, and the sharpness of the subject.
This is a place to share the beauty of macro photography and learn from each other. Please join in! A new challenge begins each Wednesday, and I announce the winner from the previous week when I post the new challenge. The winner’s photo will be featured on this blog used as the banner in the announcement for the next week’s challenge, unless I am requested not to use it.
Instructions for participating in the challenge are found at the end of this post.
I learned something about my macro lens this week. It’s minimum focus distance is 7.5 inches. I had been trying to shoot closer and had difficulty focusing, duh! When I stay at this distance, I get a nice sharp shot. I may order extension tubes and see if I can get greater magnification. Anyone have experience with this using the Olympus M 60mm f.2.8 macro lens? Here are two shots that I am pretty happy with–
Here’s how the challenge works:
- Choose a favorite macro photo from the past week or from your archives.
- Create a new post on your blog entitled “Macro Moments: Week (insert week)“.
- Add the photo to your post and a brief description. I would love to know, as I am sure others would, too, what camera and lens you used and your settings.
- You may submit more than one photo, but submit each in a separate post if you want to be included in the judging.
- Deadline for submitting your entries is 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, Pacific Time.
- Create a * pingback to this post and/or leave a link to your post in the comments section.
- Tag your post Macro Moments so others can find it.
If you’re not sure how to create a pingback, Here are instructions
The following bloggers also submitted entries in last week’s challenge. Pay a visit to view their work and if I missed anybody, please let me know!
Subscribe to my blog to receive challenge posts via email.