Congratulations to “The Only Deadhead in the Hameau” https://theonlyd800inthehameau.com/, for winning last week’s challenge, “Broaden Your Scope”, with his wonderful photo of “Madame’s model elephants”. He really discovered what can be achieved using the macro lens for more general, all purpose shooting. Please pay him a visit and view his work. There is no theme for this week’s challenge; we’re back to macro.
Instructions for participating in the challenge are found at the end of this post.
If you have been following my blog for awhile, you know that over the summer I planted some butterfly-friendly flowers to attract butterflies to my yard. My friend gave me several small milkweed plants, food for monarchs, which I painstakingly tended. They did well and I occasionally checked them for caterpillars or chrysalis’. I thought it was too late in the year, but look what I found last week!
Shot with my Olympus M.Zuiko 60mm F2.8 macro lens, 1/125 sec, f11, ISO 2500, 60mm
I think he will make a chrysalis in a few days and shortly a butterfly will emerge. I’m on the lookout for more; we’ll see. I have also been saving seeds from the seed pods to plant in the Spring. Maybe next summer I’ll have a garden full of butterflies to photograph!
This is a place to share the beauty of macro photography and learn from each other. Please join in! A new challenge begins each Wednesday, and I announce the winner from the previous week when I post the new challenge. The winner’s photo will be featured on this blog and used as the banner in the announcement for the next week’s challenge, unless I am requested not to use it.
Here’s how the challenge works:
- Choose a favorite macro photo from this week or from your archives.
- Create a new post on your blog entitled “Macro Moments: Week (insert week)“.
- Add the photo to your post and a brief description. I would love to know, as I am sure others would, too, what camera and lens you used and your settings.
- You may submit more than one photo, but submit each in a separate post if you want to be included in the judging.
- Deadline for submitting your entries is 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, Pacific Time.
- Create a * pingback to this post and/or leave a link to your post in the comments section.
- Tag your post Macro Moments so others can find it.
If you’re not sure how to create a pingback, Here are instructions
The following bloggers also submitted entries in last week’s challenge. Please pay them a visit a view their work.
Subscribe to my blog to receive challenge posts via email.