My “bubble burst” with last week’s challenge, “Bubbles” because there were only a couple of true macro/close-up entries. Congratulations to our first 2017 challenge winner, macmsue, https://snaphappi.wordpress.com/ for her winning entry of bubbles reflected from a CD https://snaphappi.wordpress.com/2017/01/05/macro-moments-challenge-week-25/ . Please visit macmsue’s site to enjoy her work.
New “People’s Choice” Challenge
For this week’s challenge, you the visitors and participants will, once again, get to choose the winner! There is no specific theme, just submit a macro photo that you cherish as one of your best.
Here is how it works. The first twenty entries will be accepted (one entry per person). I will make a gallery to post next week. After you view the gallery, submit your vote (one vote per person) in the poll which will be included in the challenge and the following week I will announce the winner. Anyone can vote, even if you don’t enter the challenge.
A Photo A Day
I have undertaken a personal challenge for 2017 to shoot photos five days a week and publish a post for each shoot. I will use the topics suggested by different challenges and various themes as my inspiration. The theme for Monday’s is “Macro”. It was a stormy, rainy weekend here in California. A good thing, because we need the rain. I went out to my backyard on Monday morning and caught this drop hanging from a leaf. I tried to shoot handheld, but kept hitting the bush, so I set up my tripod and remote trigger.
This is a place to share the beauty of macro photography and learn from each other. Please join in! A new challenge begins each Wednesday, and I announce the winner from the previous week when I post the new challenge. The winner’s photo will be featured on this blog and used as the banner in the announcement for the next week’s challenge, unless I am requested not to use it.
Here’s how the challenge works:
- Choose a favorite macro photo from this week or from your archives.
- Create a new post on your blog entitled “Macro Moments: Week (insert week)“.
- Add the photo to your post and a brief description. I would love to know, as I am sure others would, too, what camera and lens you used and your settings.
- You may submit more than one photo, but submit each in a separate post if you want to be included in the judging.
- Deadline for submitting your entries is 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, Pacific Time.
- Create a * pingback to this post and/or leave a link to your post in the comments section.
- Tag your post Macro Moments so others can find it.
If you’re not sure how to create a pingback, Here are instructions
The following bloggers also submitted entries in last week’s challenge:
Subscribe to my blog to receive challenge posts via email.