Welcome to Macro Moments Challenge: Week 33 and thank you to everyone who entered last week’s challenge.
Congratulations to caribiensplash of https://sprawly.wordpress.com/ for last week’s winning entry; a fascinating photo of pine needles in an ice storm. Please visit caribiensplash’s site to enjoy more of her work.
Tweaking My Home Page
Recently I decided that my home page looked too busy and I decided to streamline it. I want my photos to be the focal point, not a lot of distractions in the sidebars. Put yourself in my place. What do I see when I visit your site to look at your entries in the challenge? Is your photo small and surrounded by clutter or does it fill the screen and make a statement? I tweaked my site by getting rid of the sidebar and moving the widgets to the bottom of the page. I didn’t change my theme, but worked with a WP Happiness Engineer to write some CSS code to modify my page. I also changed the header and background because I was getting tired of the old look. Why am I telling you all of this when this is supposed to be a Macro Challenge? Because, how your photos appear on your page does affect how your visitors judge your work. Let me know what you think of my changes, and if, after taking a closer look, you decide to make some changes on your page, please let us know.
Joining the Challenge
This is a place to share the beauty of macro photography and learn from each other. Please join in! A new challenge begins each Wednesday, and I announce the winner from the previous week when I post the new challenge. The winner’s photo will be featured on this blog used as the banner in the announcement for the next week’s challenge, unless I am requested not to use it.
Here’s how the challenge works:
- Choose a favorite macro photo from the past week or from your archives.
- Create a new post on your blog entitled “Macro Moments: Week (insert week)“.
- Add the photo to your post and a brief description. I would love to know, as I am sure others would, too, what camera and lens you used and your settings.
- You may submit more than one photo, but submit each in a separate post if you want to be included in the judging.
- Deadline for submitting your entries is 8:00 a.m. Tuesday, Pacific Time.
- Create a * pingback to this post and/or leave a link to your post in the comments section.
- Tag your post Macro Moments so others can find it.
If you’re not sure how to create a pingback, Here are instructions
The following bloggers also submitted entries in last week’s challenge.
Subscribe to my blog to receive challenge posts via email.