Participation in the Macro Moments Challenge has dropped lately and everyone needs a change from time to time, so I am changing the deadlines and postings to twice monthly instead of weekly. Posts and announcement of winners will be on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month and deadlines for entering will be on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday at 8:00 a.m. Pacific Time. This will give you, the participants, more time to decide on your entries and take wonderful photos to share!
Entries submitted during this past week will be carried over to next week and new entries will be accepted until next Tuesday. You can either link to this post or last week’s https://musinwithsusan.com/2017/03/01/macro-moments-challenge-week-33/
I often struggle with achieving the sharpness that I desire when shooting macro. This week I went back and reviewed an article that I think is excellent https://robinwong.blogspot.com/2012/09/olympus-mzuiko-60mm-f28-macro-review.html and followed Robin Wong’s suggestions. Here is one of my photos.
The photo was shot with my M.Zuiko 60mm F2.8 macro lens, mounted on my Olympus OM-D E-M5 Camera. The camera was on a tripod and I used a remote trigger. I also used a remote flash, handheld.
Auto focus limiter switch was set to 0.19-0.4 and magnification ratio was 1:2. Camera settings were 1/125 sec, f 3.5, ISO 200.
Joining the Challenge
This is a place to share the beauty of macro photography and learn from each other. Please join in! A new challenge begins on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month, and I announce the winner from the previous challenge when I post the new challenge. The winner’s photo will be featured on this blog and used as the banner in the announcement for the next challenge, unless I am requested not to use it.
Here’s how the challenge works:
- Choose a favorite macro photo from the past week or from your archives.
- Create a new post on your blog entitled “Macro Moments: Week (insert week)“.
- Add the photo to your post and a brief description. I would love to know, as I am sure others would, too, what camera and lens you used and your settings.
- You may submit more than one photo, but submit each in a separate post if you want to be included in the judging.
- Deadline for submitting your entries is 8:00 a.m. on the 1st and 3rd Tuesday of each month, Pacific Time.
- Create a * pingback to this post and/or leave a link to your post in the comments section.
- Tag your post Macro Moments so others can find it.
If you’re not sure how to create a pingback, Here are instructions
Subscribe to my blog to receive challenge posts via email.