Congratulations to Nora of https://norasphotos4u.wordpress.com/ for submitting the winning entry to Challenge #37. I love her capture of a drop of water with a surprise starburst; “Water” being the theme of the challenge https://norasphotos4u.wordpress.com/2017/05/19/macro-moments-week-37-topic-water/ Please pay Nora a visit to view more of her work.
Nora, as our winner, you get to choose the theme for the next challenge. You can contact me via my email address, listed on the “Contact Me!” page, on this blog to let me know what you have chosen.
The winner of our last challenge, Nicole Pottier of https://photopoeme.wordpress.com/ has chosen an interesting theme for this challenge, “Catkins”. I must admit that I wasn’t sure what Catkins were so, of course, I googled the word. Here is a link to a description https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catkin I also didn’t see any Catkins among the beautiful flora here on Maui, Hawaii, where I am vacationing, so I am posting a photo which I found online taken by Bill Larkin. I look forward to your entries, still staying within the genre of macro or close-up.
Picture: Bill Larkin
This is a place to share the beauty of macro photography and learn from each other. Please join in! A new challenge begins on the first and third Wednesday of each month and I announce the winner from the previous challenge when I post the new challenge. The winner’s photo will be used as the banner in the announcement for the next challenge, unless I am requested not to use it. The winner will also get to choose the theme for the next challenge.
Here’s how the challenge works:
- Choose a favorite macro or close-up photo from a recent shoot or from your archives.
- Create a new post on your blog entitled “Macro Moments Challenge: # (insert the challenge #)”.
- Add the photo to your post and a brief description. I would love to know, as I am sure others would, too, what camera and lens you used and your settings.
- You may submit more than one photo, but submit each in a separate post if you want to be included in the judging.
- Deadline for submitting your entries is 8:00 a.m. on the first and third Tuesday of each month, Pacific Time.
- Create a * pingback to this post and/or leave a link to your post in the comments section.
- Tag your post Macro Moments so others can find it.
If you’re not sure how to create a pingback, Here are instructions
The following bloggers also submitted entries to Challenge # 37. A few did not meet the criteria of macro or close-up, but I did include them anyway. Please pay them a visit to view their work.
Please subscribe to my blog to receive challenge posts via email.